Monday 17 November 2008

Speaking of Magma...

...the magazine has launched a new blog here, as part of their new website here. Doesn't seem to be very busy on there yet, but give it time. Magma's always struck me as one of the poetry magazines that most 'gets it' in terms of being readable, accessible, contemporary, interesting and generally part of a world that you'd recognise from everyday life.

The blog will also, apparently, include contributions from Rob Mack of Surroundings (which is how I found out about it).

2 comments:

Ben Wilkinson said...

I'm interested to see how the new Magma blog develops too, Oliver. Strikes me as a potentially very useful tool to allow readers to influence the direction the mag takes. And I like the new look publication itself - worth getting hold of a copy if you haven't already.

Oliver Mantell said...

I agree re the look. And the article by Blake Morrison on Larkin caught my eye too: his book on the Movement was (from memory) fantastic. I'll have to get it...!